Publisher’s Weekly recently reported continued growth in the printed book market with a 15.1% jump in August 2020 unit sales compared with August 2019. Juvenile nonfiction posted the largest gain with units rising 40%. And, sales of adult nonfiction were up almost 19% over the same period. All told, year-to-date hardcover sales have increased almost 3%, with trade paperback increasing over 7%.
Naturally, this is welcomed news for book manufacturers. And there’s more good news: Muller Martini’s all-new SigmaLine III delivers optimum efficiency and flexibility when manufacturing digital books, so you can offer your clients more differentiating formats and still produce them cost-effectively.
A ground-breaker in digital book manufacturing for over 15 years.
Launched in 2004, SigmaLine has always been a world leader in high-volume high-quality short-run digital book production as it connects digital printing and print finishing into one unique, complete system. And now SigmaLine III provides maximum output flexibility so you can handle both current and future hardcover and softcover jobs. Other new powerful capabilities include:
- Processes 20” – 60” web widths, greatly broaden output offerings.
- Delivers speeds up to 1,000 fpm with quick, fully automated changeovers between sizes and folding schemes.
- Patented folding/sheeting technology offers higher flexibility and minimized waste and blank pages.
- Collating cycle time produces tack-glued, stacked book blocks for flawless handling at all press speeds.
- Variable Data Printing (VDP) offers personalization and book of one processing while maintaining efficient bulk book block production.
What’s more, when used in conjunction with our user-friendly Connex Workflow System, SigmaLine III dramatically reduces the pre-press process while increasing press uptime.
Labor-challenged? Consider SigmaLine III.
Although the book market is poised to continue on an upswing, many printers still face labor talent shortages and other reductions. Not only does the third generation SigmaLine’s simple, user-friendly controls lessen manpower requirements, but its easy access also enables more effortless maintenance. To learn more, simply contact your Muller Martini Regional Sales Manager.