With the RF 700 backgluing and backlining machine from Muller Martini, you can produce book blocks for thread sewing at up to 70 cycles per minute in perfect quality.
You have two options for producing book blocks: perfect binding or thread sewing. Thread sewing is considered the highest quality type of book binding. It ensures the durability of hardcover books as well as heavily used brochures. Books have been thread-sewn for centuries – and today, when digitization and the associated fast pace of life are becoming increasingly widespread, thread-sewing is experiencing a real renaissance. This is because quality is once again appreciated as an essential value.
Perfect binder or backgluing machine
You also have two options for processing thread-sewn book blocks (gluing and lining). Either you use a perfect binder which, as an “all-rounder”, can also produce hardcover book blocks in addition to perfect binding – or a backgluing machine which has been specially developed for thread-sewn book blocks. The second option offers you the highest quality for long-lasting products. Thanks to higher automation, you save time and manpower.
The requirements for a modern backgluing line are many:
- Pressing before and after the gluing machine for edged book blocks with thread sewing.
- Attaching endpapers, glue and lining material in a single machine – compared to a perfect binder, this solution not only requires less space, but the investment costs are also lower.
- Straight lining can also be applied to thick book blocks.
- In terms of settings, the machine must be user-friendly and easily accessible.
- Adjustment must be centralized for all machines.
RF 700 with several highlights
All this is a clear case for the RF 700 spine gluing and lining machine from Muller Martini. In this machine, we have continuously implemented feedback and suggestions from the market as part of innovations to ensure that it meets your changing requirements. The RF 700 impresses with many highlights:
- Pressing possibilities before and after the line.
- Modular configuration options.
- Gluing on endpapers, backgluing and back lining – all in one machine.
- Processing of a wide variety of glues (cold glue, hotmelt, PUR) for side or one/two-shot spine gluing.
- High production speed of up to 70 cycles per minute.
- The CoPilot system enables efficient operation and fastest makeready times.
- Compact design.
30 or 70 cycles per minute
The RF 700, which is used for gluing and lining thread-sewn book blocks, can be configured as a 30- or 70-cycle/minute line. A 30-cycle machine can – under certain conditions – be upgraded to 70 cycles if market requirements change, thanks to Muller Martini’s modular system. On the one hand, this gives you the fastest gluing machine on the market. On the other hand, you have a high level of investment protection.
You can use the RF 700 in book production lines with upstream and downstream presses (up to 60 kN press force) for perfect book block shape and quality (avoiding spine pitch), but it can also be designed as an offline solution. In addition to its compact design and high running speed, the RF 700 offers great flexibility in the selection of glues and combinations for gluing.
In short, the RF 700 guarantees perfect preparation of thread-sewn book blocks for industrial hardcover production.